6+ years experience in Business Development, Strategic Marketing, and Partnership Management with a focus on executing good work that deliver value and generate sales. Solving business problems gets me excited and I'm hungry for continuous self improvement. I believe that leaders "eat last" and leadership is a mindset that goes beyond job titles.
At 30 years old, I'm still a "Work In Progress" - ever learning and adapting within the environment before me. For the last several years, I've figured out what I'm good at and have doubled down my effort on improving them. I've understood that life should be viewed from a macro perspective - not being overtly bogged down by the small stuff. I get a high out of solving problems - complex or otherwise.
Looking forward to connecting with you.
Pestle & Mortar Clothing
September 2014 - Current
Pencil Produce manages the distributorship for Bellroy (AUS), The Hundreds (US), Rastaclat (US) and Pestle & Mortar Clothing (MY) across Malaysia.
1. Responsible for direct sales negotiations and building network of over 20 stockists.
Generating RM2.3 million in sales between 2014 - 2017.
2. Between 2014 - 2018, contributed over RM1.3 million in sales for distribution of brand inventory collections across strategic retailer partners. Key accounts include Zalora, Robinsons, Hundred%, Showroom Skate, Fred Segal, & Fashion Valet.
3. Responsible for leading a lean sales team to manage a network of over 20 stockists nationwide.
4. Developed and executed various initiatives focused on developing people, driving sales and increasing customer conversion.
5. Established key corporate accounts generating over RM670,000 in merchandise sales. Key accounts include: Acer, Sony, Touch & Go Digital, Heineken Malaysia, Warner Music, Umobile, Etika (Pepsi), & Toyota.
November 2016 - February 2019
Major Drop (subsidiary of Pencil Produce Sdn Bhd) was established in June 2014 as the go-to streetwear and lifestyle click & mortar store for millennials in Malaysia. Major Drop hosts over 60 specially curated regional and international brands serving several markets globally.
1. Increased sales revenue by 75% and customer orders by 90% over 12 months by implementing a mix of content and co-collaborative marketing strategies.
2. Lead & managed 26 employees with responsibility for store operations, marketing, merchandising, finance, human resources, supply chain and business development functions.
3. Improved internal management and structure by establishing key roles, functions and KPIs within respective departments.
4. Responsible for co-creation of merchandise and brand collaboration between brands to provide unique product offerings towards market segment – Sony (MY), Nestle (MY), The Hundreds (US), Rastaclat (US).
5. Streamlined operations with key vendors within areas of marketing, logistics, supply chain and customer growth.
6. Managed & monitor P&L performance within the Pencil Produce.
Mountain Partners Malaysia
December 2017 - June 2018
Mountain Partners is a global company builder with headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. Built with a vision to make great technologies available to people all around the world by building young, disruptive businesses.
1. Assisted pre-seed ventures achieve product/market fit with business development and digital marketing strategies.
2. Mentored seed stage companies with key competencies such as team formation and growth marketing.
3. Contributed sales and marketing tactics that were in-line with overall venture goals and KPIs.
August 2012 - August 2014
Wago is in the business of Creative Strategy, doing primarily Digital Planning & Event Curation.
The former is where we strategize content ideas that come to life on social media while being in line with our client’s aspirations. Event Curation is where we look into insights and touch points, and realize our tailored ideas into execution for the stakeholders of our clients campaigns.
Social Media Strategy
- Conceptualised & executed content strategy
Client: GTP, TalentCorp
- Campaign-based & initiative ideation
Client: GTP - #IkonEveryday
Copywriting & Social Media Management
- Developed and managed social media pages for clients
Clients: GTP (Twitter), TalentCorp (Facebook)
Event Curation & Management
- Formulated & planned event elements
Clients: Monash Classroom Games, Markets Classroom Games, Festival Belia Putrajaya
- Lead & coordinated teams during execution
Clients: Monash Classroom Games, #OktoberTweetFest (2013), Markets Classroom Games, Festival Belia Putrajaya (2014)
- Directed and produced video initiative for client
Client: TalentCorp - "Mukha: Our Coffee Story"
- Ideation and direction for online video content & corporate video for client
Client: Malaysian Flying Academy - "How to Build a Plane in 7 Days", "30 Years of Achievement" & "The Beauty of Flight"
Leadership & Mentoring
- Guided & trained 3 interns over 2 years
Intern projects: Let’s Trade Shoes, Belakang Cerita, #OiLambat
March 2008 - June 2013
February 2006 - August 2008