Jean graduated from the University of Melbourne in Commerce, majoring in Economics & Marketing. She started out as a Treasury Foreign Exchange dealer with a foreign bank but found that was not her calling in life. She then went on to managing training programmes for central banks and monetary authorities across Asia, where she built upon her strengths in logistics and refining business processes, besides collaborating with strategic partners such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the Federal Reserve of the United States. She helped a startup, PurelyB to expand its potential in brand partnerships where she could combine passion for health & wellness with work. After that, she joined AIA Vitality, a programme that rewards people for healthy efforts as a Wellness Strategy Manager.
Her foray into health and fitness gained momentum as she captained her high school cheerleading team and expanded her potential in various sporting activities such as bowling and futsal, both of which she represented at College and University levels. At this point of her life, she is active in AcroYoga and Movement & Mobility but she is game for (almost) anything. She is also currently taking a certification to teach yoga.
March 2017 - Current
Using an effort-rewarding tool, I maintain relationships with corporate clients, working with them to improve employees' productivity and health levels to ultimately have higher savings health care claims.
PurelyB Sdn Bhd
February 2016 - February 2017
• Networking with partners in the health & wellness industry in the region
• Coming up with marketing initiatives with the partners to drive sign ups and brand awareness
• Drive traffic to PurelyB Website
The SEACEN Centre
February 2014 - January 2016
• Plan and implement the approved learning programmes in various locations around Asia Pacific
• Ensure execution and manage logistics for international resource persons and regional delegates
• Build and strengthen strategic alliances with internal and external stakeholders such as resource speakers, member banks, collaborating institutions, service providers and other outsourcing parties
• Enhance and leverage on the operational efficiency and cost effectiveness of learning programmes
OCBC Bank (M) Bhd
February 2011 - January 2014
• Consult corporate and retail clients for foreign exchange, bonds and options
• Successfully hit sales targets every year
• Championed the roll-out of the retail bonds portfolio to surpass the given budget
• Seconded to Penang Treasury for 9 months to assist in managing the northern region clientele
• Coordinate marketing events including seminars, appreciation cocktails, dinners and lifestyle events for corporate clients
University of Melbourne
February 2008 - December 2010