I am currently working in Digi Telecommunications (market cap of RM38b), where I had the opportunity to develop the company’s 5-year strategy plan, develop overall strategy and implement a new telecommunications business model focusing on digital enablers, as well as be involved in a number of high-value strategic projects, working closely with C-level executives in the company.
This experience, coupled with my previous role as a management consultant has sharpened my professional competencies in strategy, product development and execution, and project management.
September 2016 - Current
Develop overall strategy and implement a new telecommunications business model, focusing on digital as a key enabler across products, platforms, and customer interfaces. Responsibilities in areas such as:
1) Designing overall customer proposition & user journeys
2) Building and managing Product Roadmap and Development
3) Set-up operations in preparation of commercial launch (logistics, social media, customer support)
4) Drive investment approval process and partnership commercial deal negotiations
June 2014 - August 2016
Drive key strategic projects that are critical to delivering the Company’s long term strategic objectives
1) Development of the company’s 5-year business strategy and plan
- Facilitated workshops with senior management to develop a solid portfolio of initiatives in line with strategic ambitions
- Supported Finance teams to identify key revenue and cost drivers to develop company’s financial targets over the next 5 years
- Set up Transformation Programme to drive execution of strategy, including setting of clear KPIs to track progress
2) Working with internal teams to develop and implement strategic projects, as well as evaluate potential business development and M&A opportunities
September 2011 - March 2014
Strategy & Transformation
- Developed a strategic direction for the growth of the regional headquarters (RHQ) landscape in the nation.
Programme and Project Management
- Programme Management Office (PMO) support for a global insurance service provider who is embarking on key IT initiatives to be rolled out regionally and globally.
- Lead PMO for an engagement involving 20 areas of focus within the government’s transformation programme with a team strength of 30.
- Conducted a review and assessment of a national utilities provider’s cost allocation drivers and regulatory accounting framework to comply with regulation as issued by the Commission.
University of Bath
September 2007 - May 2011