Head of Operations
Currently leading logistics and ops for foodpanda Malaysia.
Formerly venture manager in charge of digital transformation at the Tan Chong Group, a prominent family owned conglomerate based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I led product and customer experience at MUV, a technology startup that aims to make buying and selling used vehicles more efficient and transparent.
More recently, I founded Ditto, a mobile app that helps you find interesting people for fun social activities with on demand.
Extremely versatile and able to adapt to practically any generalist non-technical role. I am able to pick up new knowledge quickly and subsequently apply them to add value to any business operation.
My professional experience over the last 6 years include leading the regional B2B operations for Asia Pacific's largest online eyewear retailer, strategic advisory work at Europe's top consulting firm, financial modelling and investment research work at an ANZ hedge fund, a summer internship in management consulting at a Fortune 500 company, equity research, commodities trading on the CME and digital/social media marketing.
I enjoy travelling and seeing how other people live, work and play. I am passionate about youth engagement and social entrepreneurship and in the long term, I hope to become an adviser/investor in the private social enterprise space.
Head of Operations
February 2018 - Current
1. Lead operations strategy - Responsible over foodpanda Malaysia's operational P&L. Challenging the status quo and develop new innovations to improve the operations ecosystem
2. Analyze and track KPIs to improve the delivery setup and overall operational performance, and take customer experience to the next level
3. Scale and maintain our delivery rider fleet - Ensure a constant and adequate inflow of rider supply and focus on rider retention, community and engagement
4. Competitive Intelligence - Keeping active track of competitors and stay ahead of the curve, in competitiveness and innovation
5. Feedback on tech product and manage roll-outs - Ensure seamless app and feature roll outs to improve operational efficiency and user (rider/ops team) experience
Tan Chong Group
January 2017 - January 2018
Venture manager in charge of digital transformation at the Tan Chong Group. Currently parachuted in to the head of supply role at MUV, a technology startup that aims to make buying and selling used vehicles more efficient and transparent.
- Led, developed, and implemented digital business transformation strategy for the used vehicles division. Analyzed customer
purchasing and demographic data across 4 different business units and developed marketing channel strategy
- Brought offline legacy business process to better integrate with new online business. Refined existing legacy database with
external customer behavioral and sales data to optimize big data analysis and machine learning opportunities
- Managed and optimized supply side fulfillment. Performance management for supply channels
Nova Founder Capital
September 2015 - April 2016
- Identified potential growth markets and part of the core strategic team in charge of O2O regional market expansion;
Responsible for team recruitment and training
- Design and developed processes, structures and rules to manage daily B2B operations and reporting. Worked with
partnership and key account managers to ensure high satisfaction level from offline retail partners
- Managed production flow of all products coming online from offline retail partners; Devised online retail pricing strategy to
ensure optimum benefits to both the company and retail optical partners
Roland Berger Sdn Bhd
January 2014 - September 2015
- Prepared and presented business development proposals across a range of industries: Retail, maritime, telecom, FMCG,
public sector, economic development, energy, technology, automotive and medical services
- Energy strategic development plan for regional government. Conducted in depth market study on energy demand and
energy prices; Presented to the State's economic planning unit and the findings w ere used in an election manifesto
- Tourism strategy implementation for major ASEAN City. Conducted a detailed diagnostic of the tourism industry to
analyze its positioning in each segment. Facilitated the creation of 71,000 additional direct and indirect job opportunities
over the next ten years and attracted an estimated USD 1 billion in FDI
- Strategic business plan for leading property developer. Analyzed local and international property markets and identified
key issues for a company struggling to grow ; Review ed existing business strategy and recommended solutions to its capital
and internal political issues
King Tide Asset Management LLP
May 2013 - January 2014
- Researched and analysed Australian based hedge funds with over $50 million in assets to provide insights and investment ideas that align with the company’s investment strategies
- Developed a comprehensive database of over 50 hedge funds to enable useful comparison with the markets and its peers. This streamlined the monitoring and selection process of funds
- Designed a dynamic model that calculates and assess financial ratios and statistics based on the funds’ monthly return data. This resulted in an 80% reduction in time spent looking for investment ideas and helped save more than $20,000 in professional actuarial costs
- Reviewed the financial information together with industry and firm specific insights garnered from interviews with the different fund managers to provides for an all-inclusive analysis
University of Waikato
January 2010 - July 2013