Sales Manager - Regional Malaysia
Sales & Marketing | Business Development | Events, Promotions, and Campaigns | Leadership and Consultation
This is Isaac Yap:
1. I work with people, play with numbers, compute logics, and resolve matters.
2. Experiences can be measured either quantitatively or qualitatively, I walked by the later and owned it.
3. I'm humble and proud. No, that doesn't conflict one another.
4. I give energy to people around me and draw energy having quality time by myself.
5. Google is my religion, it answers most of the time.
6. Common sense is the key.
7. We are all stupid about things we don’t know, that's fine.
In summary, it's a blissful journey. I was given and conquered some opportunities many could only dream of.
- Worked in both start-up environment and multinational corporate company.
- Been through two acquisitions, being bought and being sold.
- When it comes to sales, I've done Hunting and Farming.; not to forget playing with P&L, operations, reports, and other paper tasks.
- I had worked in beautiful and elegant corporate office cubicle, in fascinating work desk which looks like a café filled with bean bags, or from home with the comfort of having my puppy beside me.
- Clients and colleagues from around the world? Checked.
Plum Test Profile : https://app.plum.io/profile/b345a2939045dcf172decbe58891f87d39c33b75
Sales Manager - Regional Malaysia
December 2018 - Current
[More Information to be updated soon!]
June 2017 - August 2018
As 1 of the 2 Malaysia based Sales Manager for Bedsonline --- the retail arm of the Hotelbeds group, which work exclusively with travel agents worldwide; I'm the face to close 400 accounts based in Malaysia, mainly in Klang Valley.
- Develop and manage the given portfolio of key business accounts, generating over 49% of revenue for the market.
- Strategically expand the market reach of the brand by account acquisition, trade events, and referral.
- Deliver insights on the market for the regional management
Business Development Manager
Fave by Groupon
December 2016 - May 2017
Following the merger of Groupon and Fave, the two applications will be streamline into Fave by Groupon.
Leading the change of the transformation, I took over the responsibility of rebuilding the Getaways Category from APAC office; while maintaining the service of my existing portfolio.
- Reestablish the collections of Getaways Category.
- Reconstruct the rules and regulations towards travel business.
- On-board new and existing merchant for the change of platforms.
- Troubleshoot for platform migrations errors.
Groupon Asia Pacific
June 2016 - November 2016
Joined the company as a "Hunter" (Account Acquisition), I developed and on-boarded more than 60 new partners in five (05) months time; which fall under the category of Beauty, Wellness, Leisure, & Services Industry.
- Explore the city's interest and built up supply for the growing customer base.
- Reaching out to business partners to provide a business solution with Groupon platform.
- Clarifying the doubts for merchant resisting e-commerce concept.
- Actively plan and maintain a steady in-flow of new supply of various interest.
- Source for suitable partners to participate and execute seasonal campaign for Groupon.
By 1st November 2016, my role was transferred as a "Farmer" (Account Management), to strategically manage and support the growth of the existing partners working with Groupon. Achieved 92% of allocated target on the month of placement.
- Maintain a healthy working relationship with all partners working with groupon and assist with ongoing business needs.
- Study and analyse the strength and weakness of each partners and providing improvement plan.
- Reactive the current partners for better and continuous supply on Groupon.
- Managed and increase the productivity of the category towards the company profiling.
On 28 November 2016, KFit Group announced the merger with Groupon Malaysia to rebrand the site in to Fave by Groupon.
Assistant Events Manager (Sales and Distribution)
Pullman Kuala Lumpur Bangsar (Accorhotels)
November 2014 - May 2016
Before the restructuring of the department, I was positioned as the event operational specialist; my key responsibility is to ensure every function is carried out smoothly. Working closely with a conversion manager and room sales manager; I take over as the main liaison for each event upon its confirmation. Exceptions are made for a set of special accounts which are solely under my care.
With effect November, I am officially in-charge of the hotel's Wedding's Sales and Operational matter. Within five months of my appointment to the new role, I have confirmed near double wedding events that that of actual wedding taken place in year 2015 alone; and have successfully redesigned the wedding packages and executed an offsite wedding expo, which is by far with the highest conversion rates.
- A total of 343 events with 625 functions were successfully pulled off in this establishment.
- Exceeding the budget set for the year 2016 by 20% by the 2nd quarter of the year
- Baby-sitting a set of account and hike the performance by 375% within 4 months
Coaching And Developing Employees
August 2017 - August 2017
International Hospitality Management
February 2010 - November 2012