Ashley is a corporate entrepreneur and activist. Having obtained an Actuarial Science degree and an MBA, she started her career as an underwriter but later pivoted towards corporate strategy, business development, project management, and entrepreneurship. Currently, she is the Chief of Staff at SOCAR Malaysia.
Ashley received the Marie Claire Amazing Women 2018 Award for successfully building a startup whilst climbing the corporate ladder and for her contribution as an activist in the area of women and youth empowerment. She founded The Real Planner, a social innovation firm and productivity consultancy in July 2016, and currently serves as a Board of Advisor at Lean In Malaysia and President of Emerging Leaders Asia.
Being a Type A go-getter and hustler, Ashley explores new things daily and aims to unleash everyone’s true potential. Apart from being a TedX speaker and self-care advocate, she is also fitness and health enthusiast, where she recently became a spin cycle fitness instructor at Flycycle. She hopes to empower more people to be unapologetically ambitious and to be the best version of themselves.
• 1 of 10 Marie Claire’s Amazing Women of Year 2018
• Top 5 Axiata Leadership Award – Axiata Young CEO Development Programme Cohort 1
• American Fidelity Scholarship – Actuarial Science Degree
• University of Central Oklahoma Leadership Scholarship and Global Scholarship
• Scholarship Pageant as Miss UCO International 2011
• Actuarial Exam P/1 (Passed on March 2013)
• Actuarial Exam FM/2 (Passed on December 2012)
• Accredited with VEE Economics, VEE Applied Statistics, and VEE Corporate Finance.
April 2020 - Current
• Project manager of all key special projects
• Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives
• Act as an advisor to the CEO and senior management team on KPI for each department
• Assist the CEO in facilitating effective decision-making
Aquila Energie S.P.A
June 2019 - Current
Corporate Entrepreneurship: To develop a strategy to invest their resources for the purpose of diversifying its sources of revenue and maximizing the revenue of each petrol station
Lean In Malaysia
January 2018 - December 2018
Led 10 departments towards achieving 3 key objectives through panel dialogues, masterclasses, accelerator programmes, and conferences: Enable more women to go back into workforce, increase women representations in C-Suite level positions, and engage more males to build the Lean In Community
Axiata Young Talent Programme Alumni Association
April 2017 - July 2018
• Pioneered and developed the Mentor Open Day: Young professionals share their resources and know-hows on how to increase their probability of obtaining job opportunities through CV and Cover Letter vetting, networking, and knowledge-sharing.
• Pioneered and developed the Mentor-for-Mentor Mentorship Programme: A Pay-It-Forward Mentorship Programme where senior professionals mentor young professionals, who in turn mentor youths to reinforce fluid and crystalized intelligence, therefore bridging the expectation-reality gap.
• Led monthly Unravel sessions and Healthy-Lifestyle promoting sessions: A programme that provides a platform for the Axiata Young Talent Programme alumni to up-skill their knowledge in areas that are in different industries and job functions, and provides the resource for them to explore activities that will increase their mental and physical health.
• Organized an annual Sports Day: An event that brings together alumni from 3 different pillars, School Leadership Development Programme, University Leadership Development Programme, and Young CEO Development Programme to foster community, expand their network, and build friendship amongst the association members.
UEM Edgenta Berhad
July 2017 - December 2017
• Managed post-merger acquisition project timelines for 5 departments, including revenue synergies and core operations
• Prepared strategy decks and meeting minutes for Steering Committee Meetings and Boardroom Meetings monthly
• Chaired organizing committee of UEM Edgenta’s Annual Management Dialogue for the Top 300 Employees
Lean In Malaysia
September 2015 - December 2017
The Asia Women Circle (AWC), a women-led non-profit organisation is a movement which harnesses the power of leadership and community to embolden women to achieve their full potential. The platform challenges the norm and raises the status of women in the society.
AmGeneral Insurance Berhad
April 2016 - June 2017
Digital Projects Coordinator, Broking and Partnerships Strategy, Business Development, Product Development
July 2014 - April 2016
ASIA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
August 2018 - April 2020
University of Central Oklahoma
August 2010 - May 2013
INTI International University
January 2009 - August 2010