'The world is a blank canvas, and we are the artists that paint it'
Believes that everyone should be a lifelong learner and be fascinated by something new. Passionate about seeing things grow from strength to strength. Learning to develop empathy in day to day situations. Interested in building conducive ecosystems for players to thrive in.
January 2017 - Current
Working in CIMB's Group Consumer Banking division, specifically with the Consumer Strategic Business Support department. Job scope involves management of consumer banking projects affiliated with branch banking with a consultancy point of view.
• Custodian of the Self Service Terminal Dashboard, updated monthly for management purposes
• Secretariat of the Self Service Terminal Task Force, and assisting in several uptime improvement initiatives in terms of analysis, presentation, and stakeholder management.
• Performed deep analysis on selected bank branches considered for network realignment, producing recommendations based on various factors such as productivity, profitability, and performance for management’s decision making.
• Designed and drafted a new branch concept as part of the department’s touch point strategy to create new value propositions for new and existing customers.
Teach For Malaysia Alumni Network
• Currently planning and organizing various Alumni engagement events such as bi-annual townhall, festival social gatherings, panel speakers’ sessions, and inaugural sports event.
• Engagement for ad-hoc collaboration and networking with other organisations such as Sunway Alumni, Nation Building School, Axiata Young Talent Programme Alumni, and Teach For Malaysia.
- Shake & Stir sessions: A series special interest discourse-*-networking events revolving around themes on education and relevant issues within the greater social ecosystem in Malaysia. Previous notable guests were YB Dr. Ong Kian Ming (Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry) and Keith Leong (Head of Research, The KRA Group)
- ALUMPICS, an inaugural sporting-*-social event for all Alumni to bond and fellowship over sports
- Malaysiaku Film Screening: Jagat & Gadoh in collaboration with Axiata Young Talent Programme Alumni Association, and KelipKelip (a social networking platform initiated by a TFM Alumni)
- Coordinating social gatherings in Klang Valley, Penang, Johor Bahru, and Miri in conjunction with festivals (eg. Chinese New Year, Hari Raya, Gawai, and the National Month)
Malaysian Global Innovation & Creativity Centre (MaGIC)
June 2018 - September 2018
3-month external attachment to MaGIC as part of CIMB's revamp in their management trainee programme to expose talents to different fields beyond banking. Working with the MasSIVE team, which aims to provide a convening space to drive social impact through entrepreneurship initiatives that are outward looking to ensure that the current ecosystem needs and issues are addressed, as well as cohesive to relevant ecosystem players.
Key Programmes involved:
Impact Driven Enterprise Accreditation (IDEA) Programme:
• The IDEA Programme aims to create a systemic shift by involving private and public sectors to drive social procurement as part of their operations.
• The accreditation is the first of its kind in Malaysia in identifying and showcasing impact-driven enterprises (IDEs) to the public to generate procurement opportunities.
Pemangkin Usahawan Sosial Hebat (PUSH) Programme:
• PUSH’s vision is to create accessible entrepreneurship as a tool that can be used by the government to bring about inclusive development that will elevate the B40 community
• The idea of accessible entrepreneurship is defined by key criteria: low skill requirement, proven and replicable business model, and low setup cost per new deployment
• This is done by scaling suitable enterprises (eg. food & beverage, lifestyle services) via capital injection and capability development into micro-franchises that is operated and managed by those from the B40 community
Teach For Malaysia
January 2015 - December 2016
Teach For Malaysia is an independent, not-for-profit organization that is enlisting Malaysia’s future leaders in ending education inequity
• Taught Lower Form Science (in Bahasa Malaysia) to over 300 urban poor students in a high-needs school in Miri in the course of 2 years, and analyzed Form 1 & 2 Science examination results 4 times a year and formulated strategies to improve student performance; average improvement of 27% from Semester 1 to Semester 2 in 2015 & 2016.
• Achieved Champion for the Teachers' English Public Speaking Competition in conjunction with Sarawak Level Teachers' Day in May 2015 at Bintulu, Sarawak.
• Represented the Fellows' voices through the 8 member Fellowship Advisory Board (FAB) for the 2015 term, by improving communication lines between the organization and the Fellows, and co-organising 3 Regional Events for the Miri Region.
• Fundraised a total of RM 7,500 through 100% Project, an online crowd-funding platform for projects in government schools, which led to an upgrade of the quality of facilities in the school's Science laboratories.
Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM)
January 2015 - June 2016
University of Queensland
January 2011 - December 2013