I'm a Data Science practitioner with >3 years of experience as an analytics consultant, primarily focusing in the telecommunication industry, where I help my clients realize value from the wealth of data they have on their subscribers. I currently head the analytics department for AirAsia BIG loyalty program, primarily responsible for meeting all data-related needs for the organization.
Think Big Digital
September 2016 - Current
Main analytics lead in Think Big Digital, operator of Air Asia BIG Frequent Flyer program. Primarily responsible for the design and implementation of all analytics solutions to fulfill any insight requirements across the organization.
Details of selected experiences as per below:
1. Responsible for the extraction, transformation and interpretation of relevant data from multitude of source systems to meet cross-organizational day-to-day analytics needs
2. Key business owner of the enterprise cloud-based BI platform, covering end-to-end automated insights delivery from maintenance of data pipeline from DWH into the platform to the design of end-user dashboards based on business requirements
3. Responsible for guiding team of 3 campaign analysts in delivering campaign-specific performance diagnosis, driving continuous improvements in conversions
4. Drove additional value-add via delivery of merchant-specific customer insights to existing merchant portfolio by leveraging on cloud-based PowerBI platform
January 2013 - August 2016
Core analytics delivery experience mainly within the Communications, Media and Technology industry, having worked with 2 out of 3 major Malaysian telcos as well as 1 major fixed internet provider. Specialized in generating insights from customer data to drive business decisions, done primarily via statistical modelling. Strong expertise with SQL programming for data preparation and validation, as well as data mining softwares (namely SAS, Pega Analytics Director & SAP Predictive Analytics or formerly KXEN).
Details of selected experiences as below:
1. Responsible for hypothesizing, designing, planning and executing a retention campaign for major Malaysian fixed internet provider. Conducted comprehensive churn profiling to identify key traits related to churn, which were used to formulate personalized retention offers for re-contracting. Achieved RM1.13M in incremental revenues from the proactive campaign executed.
2. Delivered churn propensity modeling using SAP PA/KXEN for major Malaysian fixed internet provider, which were used to drive retention campaign targeting. Delivered model prediction lift exceeding 2.5 times higher churn risk at the top 5th percentile.
3. Built behavioral segmentation models using SAS E-Miner for major Malaysian telco covering both Prepaid and Postpaid base, which were subsequently used to formulate BTL marketing strategy and actions
4. Performed quantitative customer journey analysis for major Malaysian telco to uncover potential pain points via detailed analysis of journey experiential data (i.e. queue times, abandonment rates, NPS scores)
5. Led client data management team with no prior analytics experience in constructing a single customer view across multiple data sources, which were used as model input for a customer segmentation pilot using SAS E-Miner for major Indonesian bank
January 2009 - December 2011