Wai Ling is a Risk Advisory manager with more than 7 years of experience in Financial Services industry. Wai Ling graduated from University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire, USA with a major in Actuarial Science and minor in Information Systems. She is currently pursuing an MSc in Business Analytics with Imperial College London. She is a certified Project Management Professional (PMP) under Project Management Institute (PMI) and a Certified Risk and Compliance Management Professional (CRCMP). She also holds Financial Risk and Regulation (FRR) certificate under GARP. She passed exam P and FM under Society of Actuary (SOA) as well as Audit and Assurance exam under Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). Wai Ling speaks fluent English, Cantonese, Mandarin and Malay.
Deloitte Hong Kong
October 2019 - Current
1. Delivery manager for Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) program on ServiceNow platform for a US-HK based Blockchain startup company.
2. Project managed and delivered independent compliance assessment on Operational Risk Management under HKMA and Banking Capital Rules for an international bank in Hong Kong.
3. Involved in sales process for SFC licensing project for a HK virtual bank.
4. Drive multiple sales in risk advisory sector
April 2018 - October 2019
Drives timely and globally consistent regulatory and compliance strategies (i.e. firm-wide policies rollout) within the Asia Pacific region.
Actively engages with senior executives and stakeholders across all levels and departments (Regulatory Compliance, Group Tax, etc.) to identify the optimal operating model in achieving regulatory objectives while minimizing frontline and customers impact.
Provides consistent governance on BAU (Business-As-Usual) transition and on-going support of regulatory programs (FATCA, CRS) within the Asia Pacific region.
February 2013 - April 2018
Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture Finance & Risk helps our clients focus on three key challenges - increasing profitability, reducing complexity and managing regulations.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Address both strategic and operational issues
- Drive diagnosis and value assessment in order to identify value creation opportunities for clients
- Analyze existing client capabilities and organization
- Identify opportunities for improvement to existing transformation offerings and contribute to client proposals
- Guide teams through issue identification and work plan development using problem solving principles and past experience
- Providing estimating, forecasting and work planning assistance
- Supervising digital banking / insurance process and functional design activities
- Design new business operating models, connected product platforms, analytics and collaboration capabilities using digital technologies
- Supporting status reporting, including issue and risk identification
Imperial College London
October 2019 - Current
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
January 2010 - December 2011