In this regional role, I helped to position World Vision as a leading and trusted humanitarian agency globally for disaster management work in Asia Pacific through strategic communications. As the main coordinator when disasters take place in the region, my role include:
• Deploying to two global-scale disasters to provide strategic information and comms management support for Japan Tsunami 2011 and Typhoon Haiyan 2013 during the crucial first 30 days.
• Capacity building to strengthen the capacity of more than 30 field communicators across Asia Pacific to deliver timely and strategic communications content in time sensitive contexts.
• Lead and facilitated disaster communications simulations and media spokesperson trainings for country offices across Asia Pacific.
• Provided communications support for disaster management collaterals, both for internal and external stakeholders.
• Countries supported: Cambodia, China, Mongolia, Myanmar, Laos, Thailand, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Nepal, North Korea, The Philippines, Sri Lanka, Pacific-Timor Leste includes Timor Leste, Solomon Island & Papua New Guinea